As an executive coach and consultant, I’m constantly asked by new team leaders and veteran team leaders about what they can do to become more effective. In this episode of the Solutions Oriented Leader Podcast I am going to share with you seven key steps you can take to become a more effective leader right away!
The best transformational leaders I know provide vision and motivation to their teams. They are certainly not perfect leaders however; they focus on constant improvement. There are seven key steps that you can take to become a more effective leader right away whether you were just beginning on your journey to become a more effective leader or are already a veteran leader who is looking to improve their skills.
- Understand your own leadership style by undergoing a self-assessment. It’s important to know the style of leadership that you use, whether your introvert or extrovert or someone who likes to delegate versus someone whose a micromanager. If you’re not sure asking friend and tell them to be honest!
- The best transformational leaders make time in their schedule to lead. I like to take what I call a walkabout in the morning and greet each and every team member to see if they need any help. Most of the time the answer is no, however I wanted to know that I have their back and that I’m interested in what they’re doing.
- You must have a good understanding of your people exclamation point! Transformational leaders take the time to engage with each member of their team really getting to know them. It’s important to another strengths and weaknesses so that you could focus them on their highest and best use within the team structure.
- The best team leaders know how to communicate effectively. It is critical that you’re intentional and the way you communicate. (https://www.rickgoodman.com/build-better-culture-key-communication/ ) Make sure you set expectations and let your team know when is the best time to communicate with you so that you could be one-on-one focused with that member of the team
- Transformational leaders are always setting the example for others. “Your team goes where you go” as I always say! They will be constantly looking at your every move so you need to set the example if you want them to follow.
- The most effective team leaders know the importance of delegation. Many times we have people on our team that can do a better job than we can. After all when the team does well the team leader looks the best. It’s important to build trust and your team, after all if you can’t trust your team members they shouldn’t be on your team.
- The best leaders make rapid decisions! After all you got a 50-50 shot if you get it wrong and make a new decision. As I say the baseball players that are in the Hall of Fame struck out 70% of the time. If you have a 300-lifetime batting average you’re most likely in the baseball Hall of Fame. However, if you don’t get up to the plate and take a swing you have no chance of getting a hit.
If you can implement these seven key steps right away you will already be in the process of becoming a more effective team leader!
Subscribe & Review in iTunes
Are you subscribed to my podcast? If you’re not, I want to encourage you to do that today. I don’t want you to miss an episode. I’m adding a bunch of bonus episodes to the mix and if you’re not subscribed there’s a good chance, you’ll miss out on those. Click here to subscribe in iTunes!
I’d be really grateful if you left me review over on iTunes too. Those reviews help other people find my podcasts there. It’s also fun for me to go in and read them. Just click here to review, select ratings and reviews and write a review and let me know what your favorite part of the podcast is.
His programs on transformational leadership are legendary. Dr. Rick Goodman, CSP, is renowned as one of the most sought-after leadership and engagement experts in the world today.
His keynote presentations and breakout sessions have produced transformational results leading to engaged employees, increased productivity and, most importantly, HIGHER PROFITS.
Dr. Rick has the distinction of delivering over 1,000 presentations in all 50 states and 23 countries. He earned the Certified Speaking Professional (CSP) designation, which is the speaker profession’s international measure of speaking experience and skill. Fewer than one percent of all professional speakers worldwide hold this designation.
Dr. Rick is the author of three books: Living a Championship Life: A Game Plan for Success combines his success philosophy with stories compiled during his time with the Super Bowl champion St. Louis Rams; My Team Sucked: Ten Rules That Turned Them Into Rock Stars is a Small Book with Big Solutions on leadership, engagement and business growth; and his latest book, The Solutions-Oriented Leader: Your Comprehensive Guide to Achieve World Class Results being published by sound wisdom books.
Dr. Rick’s writing style integrates transformational leadership stories with innovative solutions to real-world challenges. The Solutions Oriented Leader™ Book Your Comprehensive Guide to Achieve Success It’s time to be part of the “Solution Revolution” and join the thousands of leaders and companies throughout the world who are becoming solution-oriented leaders.
It’s all based on the lessons in this step-by-step guide developed by author, keynote speaker, and international leadership expert Dr. Rick Goodman. You’ll discover how to Transform Your Thinking, Optimize Your Assets, and Accelerate Your Connectivity to achieve world-class balance and results in your business and in your life.
In this first-of-a-kind, comprehensive guide, author Dr. Rick Goodman leads you through the everyday challenges of the modern workplace while providing you with easy-to-implement solutions to achieve world-class results!
The Solutions Oriented Leader™ shows you how to: Implement transformational leadership tools to help you achieve balance in business and your life Utilize communication systems that increase employee engagement and workflow Develop a positive attitude that motivates your team and increases retention Handle conflict and manage workplace burnout Now you can be in control of your destiny—giving yourself permission to be successful!
You can become a leader who inspires others for a lifetime. You can harness your positive attitude and share it to propel your business to new heights. With the Solutions Oriented mindset, you now have the business and life playbook promoting productivity, boosting employee engagement, and creating a happy work environment.
ORDER THE BOOK TODAY AT:
Barnes and Noble: https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-…
CEO READ: https://800ceoread.com/products/solut…