5 Leadership Lessons We Can Learn from The Iowa Caucus Debacle
Iowa Caucuses Debacle: 5 Leadership Lessons We Can Learn
I was recently interviewed on I Heart Radio by Doug Wagner from 600 AM WMT in Cedar Rapids Iowa about the 5 leadership lessons we can learn from the Iowa Caucus Debacle. I think we can all learn from some of these leadership lessons and apply them to our own lives and businesses.
Dr. Rick Goodman international leadership expert and author of The Solutions Oriented Leader “Your Comprehensive Guide to Achieve World-Class Results” shares what our future leaders must do to focus on solutions and not problems! He understands how solutions-oriented leaders assess and solve problems in a methodical fashion by following “The 5 Solutions Oriented Rules of Change”
There are 5 leadership lessons the we can learn from the Iowa Caucuses debacle.
5 Rules Solutions Oriented Leaders follow when implementing any type of change.
- Assess your present situation and systems to see if there is even a need for change.
- Create a step-by-step plan for testing and evaluating potential changes successfully before implementation.
- Have at least 2 contingency plans should any unforeseen problems arise.
- Keep all lines of communication open, transparency equals trust.
- Accept responsibility for any issues that arise and discuss action steps taken to prevent problems in the future.
If the leaders in Iowa had followed these 5 simple rules, we would not be talking about this today!
What people are asking Dr. Rick:
- How can leaders create a culture of change and innovation?
- How can I tell if someone is a solutions-oriented leader?
- Why is it important for leaders to create systems to assess and evaluate any change initiatives?
- What is the most difficult part of the challenge?
- How can leaders in politics and business improve communications with employees, customers and constituents?
Even though the Iowa Caucuses were a debacle there are 5 leadership lessons we can learn from this starting with, you need to have a plan! You can create a culture of innovation and improvement that inspires others for a lifetime.
Dr. Rick says, “with the solutions-oriented mindset, you now have the business and life playbook promoting productivity, boosting employee engagement, and creating a happy and productive work environment.”
- WPEC TV CBS Palm Beach: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9F71wSbZ5qg
- WFLA NBC Channel 8 Tampa: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzL8ObJexJM&t=29s
- Rick Keynote and Interview Philippine HR Congress: https://youtu.be/Ozzcs9GFNH0
To arrange an interview with Dr. Rick Goodman contact:
Rachel M. Anderson
THE SOLUTIONS ORIENTED LEADER